We’ve spent 30 years earning the trust of management teams as an investor and value-added board member by delivering on our commitments and treating management as partners in the key decisions that all growing companies face.
- Management centric investment strategy. Primus invests in companies run by experienced managers and engages with those companies through our role on the boards of directors. When needed, we will help recruit additional management talent that complements and strengthens the existing team.
- We win together. We align interests and foster decision making between management and Primus by ensuring that both parties will participate meaningfully in the company’s value creation through equity ownership.
- Consistent support. Most companies don’t follow a straight path to value creation. When the unexpected happens and you need to adapt, it helps to have a capital partner like Primus that has a history of working constructively with its management teams to address the challenges of growing a business.
Experience in Building Value
Our investment experience and industry knowledge help us understand the key value drivers in a growing business and how we can most effectively contribute to the success of our portfolio companies.
- Experience and industry focus create knowledge. We have significant investing experience in the business services, healthcare and education industries. We understand emerging industry trends, competitive threats and acquisition and exit opportunities. We apply this experience and knowledge in working with management to maximize value and achieve liquidity.
- You run the company – we help you succeed. We make available the resources of our firm and its network of business relationships to management to help grow your company more rapidly and profitably. Through engagement at the board level, Primus helps management teams analyze strategic issues, such as extending product or service lines, entering new geographies and evaluating and acquiring complementary businesses.
The Right Deal for You
Primus has invested in more than 100 companies over its history and has a reputation for following through on its commitments.
- Transaction structure that meets your needs. We take a flexible approach to structuring our investments and can tailor a transaction to meet your specific needs. We make both minority and control equity investments and use prudent financial leverage to enhance equity returns where appropriate.
- Access to capital. In addition to our capital under management, we maintain an extensive network of lenders and equity co-investors that provides access to additional capital that may be required to fund your transaction.
- Speed to close. Primus has a successful track record of completing transactions that require timely responses, complicated negotiations and creative approaches.